Today’s Bible reading is Philippians 4 and it contains an incredibly precious promise.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:7)
My strong hunch is that those God-breathed words appeal to you. Let’s take the time to appreciate what undergirds this precious promise.
- Stand firm in the Lord (4:1)
- Agree in the Lord (4:2)
- Rejoice in the Lord (4:4)
- Let your reasonableness be known to everyone (4:5)
- Live with the awareness that the Lord is at hand (4:5)
- Do not be anxious about anything (4:6)
- In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God (4:6)
Live like this, Paul is encouraging his “beloved” brothers and sisters in Philippi. And if you do?
The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Here’s a thought worth thinking and praying about this weekend: is there anything standing between me and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding? If so, what do I need to do, purge, or apply so that the peace of God can fully guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus?