Today’s Bible reading is Psalm 23.
You’ve probably heard it and read it many times, but have you ever considered how Psalm 23 is the “perfect” psalm?
- “The LORD is my shepherd”: a perfect shepherd for my soul
- “I shall not want”: perfect satisfaction
- “He makes me lie down in green pastures”: perfect rest
- “He leads me beside still waters”: perfect refreshment
- “He restores my soul”: perfect restoration
- “He leads me in paths of righteousness”: perfect guidance down a perfect path
- “For his name’s sake”: perfect motivation
- “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil”: perfect protection
- “For you are with me”: perfect company
- “Your rod and your staff, they comfort me”: perfect instruction and correction
- “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies”: perfect provision
- “You anoint my head with oil”: perfect consecration
- “My cup overflows”: perfect joy
- “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life”: perfect care
- “I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever”: a perfect destiny
Psalm 23, a “perfect” psalm to shape and inspire your walk with God today.